You have probably seen the do-it-yourself radon test kits at your local retailer and wondered if that is the way to go to do radon testing at your home or if calling in a certified professional is a better option. The most important thing, of course, is to get it done because radon is dangerous and causes lung cancer. However, there are some distinct advantages to having a professional take care of it for you.
1. Professional equipment. A professional uses a professional-grade continuous computerized radon monitor to do the testing rather than the charcoal kit you find at stores. There is no room for error, so you can have complete confidence in the results.
2. Faster results. With the charcoal radon kit, it takes 72 hours to be in your home, then it gets mailed to the lab, and you wait for up to 10 days for the results. With a professional, you’ll get results as soon as the machine has concluded its 48-hour cycle.
3. More thorough results. This is because the professional system will give you highest, lowest, and average levels that occurred during the testing.
4. Proper testing. A professional is trained and certified to perform the test properly, whereas you are responsible for correct setup and monitoring with the DIY kit.
5. Community support. You have the pleasure of knowing you’ve supported a local company rather than dealing with an out-of-state lab and a national radon kit producer.
If you are looking for the best results for radon testing for your Asheville, North Carolina home, trust our experts at Dry Foundation Technologies. Not only do we provide state-of-the-art radon testing, but we can also proceed with radon mitigation if that is needed. Don’t risk your family’s health when even professional radon testing is quite affordable. The EPA recommends you have it done every couple of years, as conditions can change.