Moldy Basement

Moldy basements are a serious problem. Not only are moldy basements a sign that there may be water damage to your walls or foundation, but mold can also be detrimental to your health.  Mold affects the respiratory system and heightens allergies and asthma. While everyone is susceptible to the dangers of a moldy basement, babies, the elderly, and those with weakened immune systems will have heightened problems with a moldy basement. The following are health problems that can be caused by a moldy basement:

  • Eye irritation
  • Nasal stuffiness
  • Wheezing
  • Skin irritation
  • Fever
  • Allergic reactions
  • Shortness of breath
  • Lung infection

It is important that if you suspect you have a moldy basement, you get it checked out and assessed right away. In addition to causing health hazards, mold is dangerous to the structure of your basement. Mold in an unfinished basement is a problem, but mold in a finished basement can be disastrous because of the insulation, paint, etc. The presence of mold in drywall can, over time, also cause the drywall to crumble and wear out. If quickly detected in a small area, moldy drywall may be able to be repaired rather than replaced.

At Dry Foundation Technologies, we care a lot about our customers and their health. We do not want our customers suffering with a mold problem if payment is an issue. With flexible financing options, we know we will earn and retain your business.